Veteran rock chronicler Dave Marsh has teamed up with Kathi Kamen Goldmark, the founder of the Rock Bottom Remainders -- a group of literary giants who perform in their own rock band -- to look at the humorous side of rock. From guitar players to bass players, drummers to horn players, Marsh and Goldmark go for the musical jugular with biting zingers such as:
- What does a lead guitar player use for contraception?
- --His personality
- What has three legs and a dick?
- --A drum stool
- What do you call a bass player's index finger?
- --His handkerchief
- What is the least-used sentence in the English language?
- --Is that the banjo player's Porsche?
- On Halloween, Marilyn Manson's parents sent him out as-is.
- What do you call ten thousand lesbians with automatic rifles?
- --Militia Etheridge
- What do you get when you play new age music backwards?
- --New age music
- Why is a concert-promoter like sperm?
- --Each has a one-in-a-million change of being a human being
- How do you get a record company executive geek out of a tree?
- --Cut the rope
The book features an introduction by Roy Blount, Jr., and illustrations by Gretchen Schields. THE GREAT ROCK 'N' ROLL JOKE BOOK spares no one in cutting up the cutting edge of music. Grab a copy and at the next party you too can sound like you're with the band.
THE GREAT ROCK 'N' ROLL JOKE BOOK is published by St. Martin's Press. You can mail order the book from the Book Passage in Corte Madera, California.
- Dave Marsh
Kathi Kamen Goldmark
- Roy Blount, Jr.
- Gretchen Schields